> Using Moon Cycles to Predict Women Fertility




Using Moon Cycles to Predict Women Fertility

Using Moon Cycles to Predict Women Fertility

“Ancient way of predicting fertility in women related to moon cycles: The lunar phase at which a woman is fertile usually depends on the lunar phase of the moon at the moment she was born.

Each individual is born under a particular moon or lunar Phase. Most women are fertile at that time of their cycle when the moon is at the same lunar phase as when she was born.

Each month when the moon returns to this same position (as it was at her birth) it can trigger her body to spontaneously ovulate (even if this time occurs outside her normal midcycle fertile time).

The moon’s trigger effect is increased by two factors – stress and sexual intercourse. That is, if she is having sex during her natal lunar phase, the chances of ovulation being triggered are increased.

That accounts for not all gestation time in pregnancy lasting equally 40 weeks. Bodies are not robotically programmed to follow a clinical pattern, especially female bodies…

There are two traditional patterns women’s cycles can follow – the Red Moon cycle or the White moon cycle. According to A recent poll, 99% of women menstruated on the new moon in their last menstrual cycle. They belong to the White Moon Cycle. The rest 1% belong to the Red Moon Cycle.

You won’t find a lot of literature about women who cycle with the Red Moon. My guess is that’s because of what menstruating with the full moon represented in the past. According to Miranda Gray, this cycle was linked to the archetype of the seductress, the enchantress and the woman who knew how to wield healing power and magic. This was the kind of woman whose sexuality was applied to something ‘other than’ the formation of the next generation. She was considered by our patriarchal ancestors as the ‘evil woman.’

In truth, the Red Moon cycle belonged to the medicine women, to the mid-wives, the magic-makers and the wisdom keepers of the community. These women were not focusing their feminine energies to give birth to children. Rather their energy was used to empower other women and their communities.”

- Eirini Haritou